Monday, April 13, 2009

Miles realizes now that if he's sneaky he can do what he craves to do

Miles is 16 months old. I think today I spent 15 minutes reading on the couch (while he was awake) for the first time since he was born. Its just so impossible usually. Anyway, I could see him out of my perpheral vision and he was contently and boyfully playing.

(He did really good when we initially taught him "no touch" - his eyes would get wide and he took the instruction with all the seriousness intended. Lately however, he has become aware that if he manages to do something bad anyway, he can enjoy atleast a few seconds of "fun" before he has to be averted.)

Anyway, upon further inspection of his activity today, I found that he had sneakily peeled off all four rubber corners of the coffee table which were meant to protect his head from the edges. He knows he's not allowed to tamper with them and is proving more and more that he has a deviousness to his nature. I am still smiling about it, but hopefully he doesn't realize.

5 comments:

  1. I believe he does realize...he got the devious gene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I wonder where he got that little deviousness from...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great picture -- he looks like he's full of laughs! If his names were Mile(as your dad likes to call him), then perhaps he would only be full of laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the mischief gene. Hmmm...who does that remind me of?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like he has some good genes. All the fun, get into trouble kind. :)

    ReplyDelete